Skip to main content

Parish Rooms

 

 

The Parish Rooms.

The building appears on maps and in documents dating back at least to 1850, serving as a Parish Council Room for the clergy.  In 1907/8 it was opened up as a reading room “for men and youths”  from the whole parish, hence it’s previous title of Reading Rooms.

Today, it has a kitchette and toilet, and seating and tables for two dozen persons.  It is intended primarily as a meeting room for recognized village committees, clubs and groups, without charge.  It may be used by other people for a small fee, at the discretion of the Parish Council.

 

For bookings and all other enquiries, please contact the caretaker Carol Ward on 862 035.

Posted February 2015.