The Parish Rooms.
The building appears on maps and in documents dating back at least to 1850, serving as a Parish Council Room for the clergy. In 1907/8 it was opened up as a reading room “for men and youths” from the whole parish, hence it’s previous title of Reading Room.
Today, it has a kitchette and toilet, and seating and tables for two dozen persons. It is intended primarily as a meeting room for recognized village committees, clubs and groups, without charge. It may be used by other people for a small fee, at the discretion of the Parish Council.
For bookings and all other enquiries, please contact the caretaker Carol Ward on 862 035.
Updated August 2021.